Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Garden of Beasts

I borrowed the audiobook Garden of Beasts by Jeffery Deaver from the library simply because it had a similar name to the biography of Ambassador Dodd which I recently read and wrote about. That book was wonderful and this was amazing, both in different ways.




This novel started as a 30s gangster crime novel, threw in some Forest Gump "Hey I met someone famous" events, was a detective thriller, was set in Hitler's Germany of the 30s, and was a bad-man-with-a-good-heart story. Plus a love interest.

So, that long list sounds like Mr. Deaver might have over-reached, but he really didn't. This book kept me awake and quilting til the wee hours just to finish it. 

For some reason I can't remember, I decided that I didn't like Jeffery Deaver novels years ago, but now I'll have to give them another try.

No comments: