Sunday, January 28, 2007

Optimistically calling it 'Progress'

I have way too many sewing projects started.

The quilt guild that I just joined issued a New Year's challenge: to finish 5 unfinished projects by June. We were to list and describe them, formulate a plan of action, and sign a contract. I started listing projects and submitted 14, I think. After the meeting was over, I started writing more projects on the back. There are approximately 45 projects listed so far, and I'm embarrassed to admit how many I knowingly left out.

This week's meager progress:

Another scrap quilt from my 2-inch squares collection. This is the first time I used scrappy neutrals. I'm not sure if I like it, but I am certain that it's DONE!



Here's another quilt from the church quilt group. It just needed a binding. Da da dum, dum, dum, another one bites the dust. Will be delivered Monday.



At long last, I finished the very yummy wrap. I'm not sure of the fiber content (mohair/wool?), but it's absolutely delicious. I just had to wear it to church this morning. I was toasty-oasty warm. I'm wearing it now, 'cuz I can. Eventually, I'll make the dress I bought this to match. Holding your breath would be ill-advised. Oh, and the picture doesn't show how absolutely HUGE this thing is. The point in my back goes to my knees.

On a non-sewing note, I must say goodbye to a dear friend:

My Bible ended it's usefulness this morning when Genesis fell out -- Page. By. Page. I had previously taped larger sections back in the binding when they fell out, but I cannot rationalize taping 20 single pages -- especially when each time I touch it (even to tape it) the next page falls out. So, I am auditioning a different Bible. I'm very resistant to change and I'd like to learn to be more flexible. I'm not going to buy another copy of this exact Bible until March 1st. I'm going to MAKE myself try and get comfortable with another Bible. Wish me well!

For those who are paying VERY close attention, these will be the last pictures with the wrong date. I finally fixed it. Wait until next week for proof.

After posting last week about my Camp Fire days, another stupid pledge keeps running through my head:

I desire to seek the way that shall become a delight to my heart for it will bring me to the fires of human-kindness lighted by those who have gone before me on the Camp Fire trail.

MAKE IT STOP!

1 comment:

Carolyn said...

I love the quilt with the 2" squares, so if you don't like it you can send it my way!

Sorry about your Bible. I got a new one for Christmas and I love it. It's leatherbound (I always wanted one of those!)and is a large print Bible from Zondervan. Sadly I couldn't see the print very well in the regular Bibles...this one I can READ!!! Of course, I could have just gotten new glasses.

Oh...my Women of the Bible Quilt Study is a Yahoo Group. You can do a search on it through yahoogroups.com.