Wednesday, October 01, 2008

You meet the neatest people

when you blog.

I posted about a Jodi Picoult book a few weeks ago and Kelly Simmons left a comment. Kelly suggested that I read her book, Standing Still. Ever the obedient one, I did just that. I started it while working in Philadelphia last weekend and finished it at home. As in, I started reading it the minute my eyes opened and was late for church because I couldn't not finish it.

This is a book that made me go "hmmmmmmmmmmm". Have you heard the description of an iceberg where 90% of the ice is below the surface of the water? Well, 90% of the story took place outside of the book. I think I really, really like that.

For other obedient ones just waiting for instructions....... GO READ THIS BOOK!

1 comment:

Kelly Simmons said...

LOVE that iceberg line! And glad the book intrigued you . . . If you or any of your readers have any questions just let me know. I'm available to visit or chat with book clubs too, and thanks for reading!

Kelly
bykellysimmons.com