Friday, January 18, 2013

Gifts! A Baby Book

I am an aunt several times over.  I have one set of neices/nephews that are 17-21 years old.  This year I became an Auntie again and my baby girl needed some books.

I tried to find some of my children's favorites, but decades later most are out of print.  Does anyone remember a board book called Allie Alligator?  "Allie Alligator is a funny fellow.  Every time he sees a color, he changes his hat.  ...  Black is the color of night.  Shhhhh. Baby animals are sleeping."  Another treasure is A Million Chameleons.  "A million chameleons all dressed in vermilion were dancing around in a garden pavillion..."

I went for Moo, Baa, La-La-La, some Curious George, a Hello Kitty, and a bath-time book.

I stopped at the Quilt Basket to see if they had any fabric book panels.  They did!


I have many more books I would love to buy my new niece, but they might have to wait until she's a few months older.  Frog and Toad, Harold and the Purple Crayon, The Carrot Seed ...

No comments: