Saturday, March 05, 2016

Square Dance

I am a quilter.  I quilt as my job -- teaching, designing, writing -- but I also quilt as my hobby.  When I need some time to myself, I start a new quilt.  A while ago I dove into my scrap bin and started Square Dance.  I am tickled to report that I finally finished it!


What you see in this photo is my finished, machine-bound quilt thrown over a wood pile in my yard with the stream running behind it during a rare sunny moment in winter.  What you don't see is iocane powder the mud on my shoes!  The quilt is fine but I stepped in a mud puddle on my way to the woodpile.  The lengths to which I will go to get a decent photograph in winter!

A close-up of the quilting reveals, to no one's surpise, an enormous amount of ribbon candy:


I used one of my new FabuLux threads (stay tuned for news!) called Midas Touch.  It is three shades of gold and made this brown quilt GLOW!

Sadly, I still have scraps of brown fabric left, but I am a quilter and I know what to do with them.

1 comment:

Lisa said...

Thanks for the Princess Bride reference. That movie is a multi-generational staple in my family.