Tuesday, April 11, 2017

Cutie Quilt: Picnic Patch

As much as it hurts to admit this, one of my favorite Cutie Quilts patterns is one that I didn't design.  I love everything about Picnic Patch.


I had a bolt of coarsely woven caramel colored fabric for the block and border and dug through my low-volume scraps for the sashings.

I grabbed a cone of oatmeal colored thread so I could quilt the entire quilt with one thread color:


Look -- ribbon candy!


I'm not a photographer and struggle to take quilt photos that show just how lovely they are in person.  Sometimes, the light in my living room is very "quilt friendly."  Like here:


I gave this quilt to my friend for her birthday.  I sent her photos while I was piecing and quilting it, asking if she thought a bride would like a quilt like this.  "Who cares about a bride?  'I' want this quilt!"  Hint taken.

2 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Love love love neutral quilts and this one is a beauty. Your quilting really brings it all together.

Pamela Arbour said...

I don't blame her. It turned out beautiful. I guess you still need a wedding quilt, huh?