Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Cutie Quilt: Sweet Tooth

One of my favorite Cutie Patterns is Sweet Tooth.  Apparently it's one of your favorites, too, because it has already beaten two other quilts and is still in the running for the Cutie Madness contest.

Every Memorial Day, 4th of July, and Veterans' Day I start piecing a patriotic quilt for Quilts of Valor.  A few weeks ago I pulled fabric for my Veterans' Day QOV:


Then the fun piecing began.  One of the fabrics I chose was a batik from Pat Sloan's Sunday Drive line.


After I finished strip-piecing all of my blocks and set them into my quilt, the REAL fun began -- RIBBON CANDY QUILTING!!!!


I quilted row after row after row of ribbon candy and it made me deliriously happy!  If you want to learn to quilt ribbon candy, check out my Craftsy Class.


This quilt is ready to be delivered to Quilts of Valor for distribution to a service-man or -woman.  

1 comment:

Pamela Arbour said...

That really turned out nice. Love the ribbon candy!