Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Recovery Week = Quilting

I'm home this week recovering from medical treatments.  These medical treatments make me laugh because they put my body through strange twists.  I am simultaneously:
  • cold but sweaty
  • tired but WIDE AWAKE (thanks, steroids)
  • hungry but nauseous
To get through the craziness, I'm quilting.

While I wasn't sleeping last night, I pieced this quilt:


I will get a better photo once it is quilted.

This quilt is a combination of a Dream Big panel, an inner border, and the blocks from my Go With The Flow Cutie Pattern.  I have kits for this quilt available HERE.

To keep my brain from running away with me, I'm spending a lot of time machine quilting while listening to audiobooks.  I already finished listening to Zero Day by David Balducci and am now listening to Imperium by Robert Harris.  Both books are entertaining in their own right, but the narration on Zero Day was somewhat annoying and on Imperium is FANTASTIC!

Currently, I'm quilting one of my Sweet Tooth Cutie Quilt samples:


I'm playing around with repeated echoes in quilting and will be teaching this technique at Quilt Basket in Wappingers Falls, NY on Saturday.  

So, 24 hours after my infusion, that's what I'm up to.

What do you do when you are recovering from illness or medical treatment?  Do you have any secret weapons to help pass the time until your body normalizes again?

4 comments:

tara said...

I wish I were productive when recovering from an illness or medical procedure. Instead, I binge watch movies and shows. You're doing great! (p.s. My husband's brother-in-law lives in Wappinger Falls! Beautiful area.)

Frog Quilter said...

Are you getting your treatments through a port? I recently had treatments for bladder cancer after surgery and recovery. I had quite a few side effects mainly fatigue. All I could manage to do was exist. Feel better soon. Hugs.

Vireya said...

I'll be interested to see how you quilt the Dream Big panel section. I have bought the panel but not started turning it into a quilt yet.

I had vertigo today and couldn't do anything but lie down all day. Fortunately I had a good audio book to listen to, so I could lie completely still with my eyes closed, and just soak up the story.

Pamela Arbour said...

The quilting is interesting. I am looking forward to seeing it finished. I think I have tunnel vision for ribbon candy! LOL

I hope your recovery is swift.