Sunday, April 26, 2009

I'm baaaaaaack!

I've been on the road for several weeks and am finally HOME!!!

I enjoyed Salt Lake City. Spending time with my Handi Quilter Educator girls is always a treat. I learned new tricks on the Pro-Stitcher and can't wait to use them!

Quilting Possibilities in Forked River, NJ was a brief stop, but well worth the trip. Great quilters, wonderful shop!

The quilt show in Lancaster, PA was a first for me. I enjoyed meeting Bonnie and seeing the Calico Cat and Kitten there. I just wanted to grab that baby and squish his cheeks. I'm willing to wait a few years, but I need grandbabies.

I was looking forward to 6 mellow days at home after the show. The days were more mellow than I wanted..... I was in bed with the plague. Some kind quilter in Lancaster shared it with me. I went through a couple of bottles of Purell making sure that I kept this bug to myself. I hope I was able to accomplish that goal because this knocked me flat.

Machine Quilter's Exposition in Manchester, NH almost passed me by, but I rallied and spent a week there. I was moving slowly and speaking quietly, but I made it! Janet-Lee and Mary do such a great job with that show. My students were wonderful and I am honored and humbled that they spent their valuable time in my classes.

36-hours home! I slept, did laundry, slept, and drove to the airport to go to Quilt City, USA!!! Paducah is quite a kick. Busy, busy, busy and quilters as far as the eye could see. I babysat sewing machines in Sally Terry's classes. If you get a chance to take a class with her, you will never regret it. She's a great lady, a generous teacher, and a hoot to be around! Ask her to tell you about the escalator when you see her.

After a 2 hour drive to Nashville, an uncomfortable run-in with TSAs at the airport (hi, could you please not throw my dirty undies around where everyone can see while insisting I have shampoo in my bag when it's a HAIRBRUSH for crying out loud), a flight to Charlotte, a flight to Hartford, a two hour drive home, and a far-too-short nap, I'm home for the next few weeks. There will be lots of quilty pics. Hopefully I'll get back to the cooking/cleaning/laundry and give my poor husband a break. He's been a true hero for the last 4-5 weeks and deserves some time off.

The rest of tonight will be spent catching up on American Idol and sleep. Back to quilting in the morning!

Thanks for reading this link-tastic post!

No comments: