Wednesday, March 07, 2012

New (to me) Quilting Products

If you know me in person, you know that I am a bit of an applique nut. I found the perfect thread (InvisiFil) and the perfect needle (a straw needle) and thought I would applique with these for the rest of my life. But nay nay! My friend John gave me some new needles to try:


I never thought that I would give up my straw needles, but these are now my favorites! Look for these needles, and look for my friend John's latest quilt design in the Summer Fons & Porter, coming to newsstands next week!

Last night I met Jill Finley from Jillily Studio. I got to see a trunk show of her quilts. So inspiring!!! I am already a fan of her Appli-Glue, but now I am a fan of her Poke-A-Dots:


They solve my thimble problem. Yes, I have had a thimble problem.

If you see me at a quilt show (AQS Lancaster, MQX, MQS) with a little red dot on my finger, you will know that I have been appliqueing and forgot to take my "thimble" off!



If you need a challenge this morning, take a photo of your right hand with a traditional camera. No, really, try it. It is not easy at all!

Do you have a favorite product that I need to try?

No comments: