Friday, June 01, 2012

Quilt Wars

Long, long ago in a state not so far away, a lovely young couple got married.  As usual, I planned to make a quilt and, as usual, I didn't finish it in time for the wedding.  Or later that month.  Or later that year.

NINETEEN MONTHS LATER, I bring you "wedding quilt for Alexis and Vinny":


The fabric is S'mores from Moda. I made a quilt for myself from this fabric several years ago and Alexis tried to steal it from me.  I scrounged around the internet to find fabric to make her wedding quilt, and this was even before she was engaged.

A close-up of the pieced block:


A close-up of the plain block:


A close-up of the inner border (ribbon candy variation -- yay!):


A close-up of the outer border (more ribbon candy!):


The happy couple is still happy and they are now happy with their quilt.



2 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Gorgeous! And they're not just a happy, but a lucky couple too! You mailed this quilt, right? Don't you miss the look on their faces when they open the package?

Leeanne said...

Very awesome!