Friday, March 08, 2013

Gifts: Jackie and Andrew's wedding quilt

Another young couple is starting out their life together.  This one was delivered only a few months after the wedding -- I must be improving!

I found a stack of mostly finished star blocks when I was sorting through some UFOs.  I pulled them out, finished the blocks, sashed, bordered, quilted, bound and poof:


A finished quilt!

I took a closeup of the quilting (I think the photo is upside down but I do not know how to fix that -- sorry.) I quilted feathered wreaths in the blocks and ribbon candy woven through the sashings:


Congratulations to the happy couple!

4 comments:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Ah, lucky them! The quilt looks beautiful, Debby!

Kim said...

Nicely done.
Love the heavy quilting and I bet this will crinkle up beautifully after washing.

Happy Sewing and safe travels

Jeanne said...

It's beautiful! I need to get back to my UFO's alhtough I doubt I will find anything as nice as you did!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful. I love your choice of fabrics & colors. I'm sure I have some UFO blocks in my closet, but none are as nice as these.