Sunday, February 23, 2014

Seeing Red

I have been rearranging my thread collection.  It's my excuse to fondle thread.

This is my collection of PermaCore thread:



This is the first type of thread I used when I began longarm quilting in 2000.  I no longer purchase this, not because it isn't good, but because there are so many other gorgeous threads on the market now.

What surprised me was my color distrubution.  How do I only have 4 different shades of red, but 11 shades of green?

What color thread do you have the most shades of?  And the least?

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

80% of my thread choices are neutrals. The least color is blue.

Kathy said...

Lots of neutrals, love pale greens and yellows too

Doreen said...

Greens, golds, neutrals for me!!! I have discovered I need some brilliant lime green, hot pink, glowing yellow, etc. Enjoyed the post!!!!!

Bonnie said...

I find it interesting how some neutrals blend with all sorts of different colors. I'm using a greyed blue on a scrap quilt where the darks are. But grey and charcoal would have looked good too. But, of I really like the brights -- lime green, mango yellow -- yummy colors!