Thursday, February 20, 2014

SQUEAL!

Yesterday was not my favorite day ever.

As I was quilting, I was also playing "What is falling from the sky?"  Was it rain? sleet? snow? freezing rain?  I think it was all of these, and a few more things I didn't think about.  This mystery-precipitation, on top of 40+ inches of snow that just fell, was insulting.

I had to run into town and amused myself by playing "How many mailboxes did the snow plows kill?"  Answer:  a lot.  Once I realized that my quilt guild meeting was cancelled due to the mystery-precipitation, I drove home.  I stopped to pick up my own mail and discovered that my mailbox fell victim to a snowplow as well.  Not funny!

The bright and sparkling part of my day yesterday was found strapped to my sad and sagging mailbox:


My quilt kit arrived in the mail!!!

My friend John Kubiniec designed this quilt and it was love at first sight for me.  I HAD TO HAVE IT!!!

And now I do.

I have a lot of work to do today, but I hope to sneak in a few minutes to work on this beauty today and every day until it is pieced, quilted, bound, and on my bed.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

I saw that pattern/kit but refrained. I just knew I would not get to it in this decade! LOL! My stash holds so many "to do" quilts, all put together in little pkgs, so I will watch how yours comes along. It's such a fab combo!!!!! Hugs....