Friday, February 07, 2014

Globetrotting: Block 1 Washington DC (video 4)

I'm so excited to be nearly finished quilting block one of Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block of the month.

My plan for today's quilting was to quilt the light green squares:


I used some tools for this:  the Handi Quilter Oval B set and Handi Grip.  I use these because I am quilting on Hazel, my sweet Sweet Sixteen.  This is a sit-down longarm machine and is made to use this type of template.  If I were quilting on a home machine, I would use the templates to draw the lines and follow them, free-motion, while quilting.  I do not use these templates on my home machine; it is not safe to do so.

See what I did today:



I repeated that quilting three more times and here is the current condition of my Washington DC block:


I'm excited to see it finished!

___

Catch up on the rest of the posts for Globetrotting:
Block 1 Washington DC
basting, design choice
thread choice
video 1 -- center design
video 2 -- star points
video 3 -- ribbon candy Vs

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great tutorial.I will use this method for the first time.

Unknown said...

Thanks for the great tutorial.I will use this method for the first time.