Monday, January 06, 2020

Bloom -- an ongoing project

I considered pulling out one UFO each day in 2020, but decided that would be too depressing.  Instead, I'm pulling out a long-term project and committing to finishing it in 2020.

Project #1 -- Bloom


This is a free pattern on Lori Holt's blog.  I purchased her templates and used my scraps of "happy" fabric."  Yes, I keep a box of scraps that is full of fabrics that make me happy.  Each piece is a fun memory.  I'm hand-appliqueing this because I'm able to use my hands currently.  I stitch at night when I sit with my husband (thank you Daylight lamp) and also in hotel rooms (thank you son for the travel light you bought for me for Christmas).  

Do you love Lori Holt like I love Lori Holt?  Do you have a long-term project that you'd like to dig out and finish this year?

2 comments:

Donna G said...

Love it

Anorina @SameliasMum said...

I love this quilt pattern too. Happy sewing and I look forward to seeing your project come along this year x