Wednesday, January 08, 2020

Scrappy Placemat with Wavy Walking Foot Quilting

I recently finished a scrap quilt made from leftovers of a yet-to-be-released Cutie Quilt Pattern, but it didn't use up all of the scraps from that quilt.  I gathered the remaining scraps and pieced them together in the style of Victoria Findlay Wolfe until the fabric ran out.  It was just big enough to make a placemat for my mom:


When I make placemats for Mom, I give myself permission to play with the machine quilting.  I've played with straight walking foot quilting and wavy walking foot quilting and alternating rows of each, but on this project I switched between straight and wavy quilting in the middle of a row of stitching:


I think I'm in love with this stitching, and the Mellow Yellow FabuLux thread only adds to my joy.

2 comments:

Crystal_235 said...

I like it!

Debby Brown said...

Crystal -- so did Mom!