Thursday, January 23, 2020

New Online Class -- Church Window Medallions (part 1)

When I'm not traveling to teach machine quilting, I film quilt classes for Annie's Creative Studio at home!

I was so excited to make the Church Windows Medallion quilt:


When my house is finally rebuilt, I will find a place to hang this beauty!

I filmed this class in two parts.  Here's the intro to part one:


Class description:

Capture the dramatic jewel tones and precise patterns of cathedral windows in the Church Window Medallion Quilt designed by Carolyn Vagts!

In this Quilter’s Skill Builders video class brought to you by Annie’s Creative Studio, quilting expert Debby Brown demonstrates the techniques to prepare and add applique to each wedge. When finished, this project looks like a beautiful stained glass window.

In this online video class, you’ll learn how to:
·               Prepare freezer paper templates for wedge applique pieces using 30-Degree Petal Ruler or the included pattern templates.
·               Fuse applique to wedges.
·               Stitch appliques in place.


Annie's Creative Studio is a subscription-based platform where you can learn from experts (like me!) how to quilt, knit, crochet, and more!  If you aren't a member yet, sign up for a free trial to watch the entire episode.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

Got over to the Quilt Basket today! Talk about deja vu-Sara is exactly the same. It was good picking out fabric and chatting with her and Cathy. I was looking at your "cutie" packs; I just may have to pick some up and put together a few quilts.
Hope you're having a good time in CA.