Thursday, February 09, 2006

Oops, I did it again!

I thought taking yoga was good for me.

I was in a car accident 10 years ago and have been in near-constant pain from a back injury ever since. I've done the doctor and chiropractor and all sorts of exercises and stuff, but avoided medication and surgery. (I've also avoided losing the extra weight, but that's a whole other story).

So my dear quilt friend started taking yoga and a few months later I joined her. My back pain went away within a week and I haven't had a problem since. It's only been 5 weeks or so, but I've been amazed at how wonderful NOT being in pain feels.

All's well, right? Wrong!

See, the yoga studio is in the same plaza as our local quilt shop. It seemed like a good idea. I mean, I'm at the shop meeting customers all the time and would be more likely to go and do yoga if it was some place I already was, you know? So three times a week I'm at yoga, and three times a week I'm at the quilt shop. It would be rude not to stop in, right?

Look what followed me home:

Another entire bolt of white-on-white fabric and a yard of sale fabric. The 'only a yard of sale fabric' is thanks to Bonnie at Quiltville. I've been enjoying her site and decided that pieced backings are in my future. Otherwise, the 'one yard' would have been 'the rest of the bolt'. Babysteps, right?

Still, my fabric will outlast my ability to use it all. Of this I am sure.

No comments: