Wednesday, May 20, 2009

I'm EIGHTEEN!

and I don't know what I want! Ahem, enough Alice Cooper for today.

My eighteenth finish was an apple quilt for mom. I had it quilted and machine bound before I went to visit in Pittsburgh, but had to hand finish it while I was there. When I carried the quilt into the house (unwrapped), mom started dropping some serious hints about how much she liked it. "Good thing, Mom, because it's your Mother's Day present!" I couldn't leave for home until the binding was complete. She threatened to unpick the stitches while I was at Quilt Market, just so I'd stay longer. Yeah, my momma loves me.


Mom and Dad with the finished quilt.

2 comments:

Kim said...

Oh man that is one sweet picture.....there is no place like home where people love you unconditionally.

Love the quilt too.

The Calico Cat said...

Lovely quilt! (Love your dad's circa 1950's hair cut! My dad is sporting the same 'do too!)