Monday, September 19, 2011

Stop Drop and Roll, part 9

After a long break, welcome to part 9 of the Stop, Drop and Roll Quilt Along! I am hosting this for the Old Red Barn Co. Flickr group.

Week 1: We made our blocks.
Week 2: We assembled our quilt tops.
Week 3: We basted our quilts.
Week 4: We practiced some straight line quilting patterns.
Week 5: We practiced some C curve quilting patterns.
Week 6: We practiced some loopy quilting patterns.
Week 7: We practiced some S curve quilting patterns.
Week 8: We practiced some spiral based quilting patterns.

This week, I am finally quilting the quilt!

The machine:
I used my Janome 6600. I used the darning foot on the machine and I dropped my feed dogs.

The thread:
For the top thread, I used Tutti from WonderFil, color TU01 Sunny.
For the bobbin thread, I used Konfetti. by WonderFil, color KT403 Yellow.

Today I started the quilting!



One block down, 35 to go!

2 comments:

Kim said...

pretty...did you use the decorative stitching your machine does or is this all free hand quilting?

Happy Sewing

Debby Brown said...

all freehand!