Thursday, April 10, 2014

AQC Day one

This week I am teaching at the Australasian Quilt Convention in Melbourne, Victoria, Australia and today was the opening day!

My Handi Quilter friends were getting ready for the day:


My classroom is only missing one thing:


Students!

Oh, here they are:


The teacher (me) was only missing one thing... chocolate cake.

Look!  I found some on the lunch table:


Look, I found some more at dinner!


The birthday girl is in the middle.  Happy Birthday, dear one.  If you feel older, remember that I'll always be older...

What a great first day of classes!

***
I am obligated to mention that I didn't eat an entire slice of cake at lunch.  I am also duty-bound to mention that the dinner cake was less than two mouthfuls.  The forced perspective of the last photo make the cake appear HUGE!  It really, really wasn't.

No comments: