Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Cakes!

I have a problem.  It's  a serious problem:

Cupcakes are popular and I enjoy them, but I don't enjoy getting frosting up my nose.  It tickles and is a waste of good frosting.

The solutions I have considered so far:

1.  Eat the cupcake with a fork
2.  Break the cupcake in half horizontally and eat in two separate sections.

Those solutions created more problems, namely:

1.  A cupcake is meant to be eaten without cutlery.  Using a fork defies the intent of the cupcake.
2.  Eating the cupcake in two sections means that one section is eaten without frosting.  The horror!

Yesterday was Easter Sunday.  It was also the day when our family celebrated my children's birthdays (one recent and one soon to come).  I made Happy Cakes (a young family member's name for cupcakes) for our celebration.  We sang, candles were extinguished, and then my mind was blown!

My daughter's friend took a cupcake and ate it in a way I have never seen.  Others at the dinner table had the same cupcake epiphany.

Allow me to demonstrate:

Start with a cupcake:


Peel off the wrapper:


Divide the cupake horizontally:


Invert the bottom of the cupcake and place on top of the frosting:


Mind.  Blown.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

My mom ate her single layer cake and cupcakes like this always!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

All I could think about was icing it again! Looks yummy.

Gail said...

Clever!