Sunday, April 13, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- night 35

My room mate, the amazing Sue Benner, checked out last night so I am all lonely in my apartment.

It was a short night, though, and I only used the apartment as a packing station:


I hope hope hope that my suitcases are under 50 pounds each!  Fingers, toes, and eyes crossed.

I have a lot more to say about my time in Australia, but I'll be out of touch for about 36 hours.

Hotel to Melbourne airport
Wait
Melbourne to Sydney flight (under two hours)
transfer luggage
wait
Sydney to LAX flight (S E V E N T E E N hours)
clear customs
transfer luggage
wait (5- 6 hours)
LAX to JFK flight (six hours)
get luggage
shuttle to parking lot
drive home (two hours if there is no weather, traffic, or construction)

I have no hand-sewing for the trip (finished it on the way here), but I have a Kindle and a pillow.  All of my flights are full, so I won't get to stretch out and lay down this flight, but at least I have an aisle seat all the way.

1 comment:

Kim said...

Safe travels