Thursday, April 24, 2014

ShooFly Quilt -- the fabrics

I had so much fun piecing Pat Sloan's Scrap Happy Sew Along Shoofly Quilt!

I have plenty of scraps, but I didn't use them in this quilt.  Instead, I pulled fabrics from my stash.

I started with this blue daisy fabric:


I bought it at Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing Center over a year ago.  I love that shop!  I bought the fabric just because it made me happy. The owner makes me happy, too. Hi, Gina!

Next I pulled this tiny green background print:


I bought it at Pinwheels about 15 years ago. I've bought a lot of fabric there over the years. A Lot. A LOT!!!  I thought it was pretty so I bought the rest of the bolt.  Come on, admit it.  You've done this, too.

The next fabric was this green dot:


I bought it at Woodstock Quilt Supply.  That quilt shop is closed now, but it was always one of my favorites and I still miss Bob and Jim.  Thankfully, they are still my FaceBook buddies.

I pulled the sashing fabric next:


I bought this at The Quilt Basket.  It is my local quilt shop and my whole quilting life is basically their fault. Blame Cathy.  I bought this fabric just becuase I liked it.

The last fabric I pulled was the large yellow dot:


I bought it at Bits N Pieces in Crown Point, IN. That shop is near the busiest intersection in the entire state of Indiana. Ask me how I know that.  I fell in love with the fabric while I was teaching there and a few yards followed me home.

I put all of these fabrics together in my quilt.  If I were in a quilt shop with unlimited choices, I probably wouldn't have put all of these fabrics together.  Since I was shopping my stash, though, I am really pleased that my old "happy fabric" purchases worked together so well in a quilt.

1 comment:

Doreen said...

Excited to see what comes of all this. I do like the combo!!!!!