Saturday, April 12, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- night 34

Last night after the AQC Gala dinner, I was walking home with some friends and saw two squirrels run across the sidewalk.  They were huge.  Huge.  H U G E !!!  They were each the size of my cat and my cat is not a small cat.  An Australian gentleman in the group informed me that they were not squirrels; they were brushtail possums.

My photography skills are pretty lacking, so I relied on Google images to show you what I saw:


One of these was on the ground under the tree and the other was up in the tree.  They were pretty timid and tried to hide from our view.

This trip is a short one for me:  fly in, teach, fly out.  I knew I wasn't going to have time to go exploring and I'm tickled that the local fauna showed itself to me!

3 comments:

Pepper Cory said...

And they eat Pavlovas.....ask an Aussie what I mean.

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

Well he is much pretty than a Texas possum.

Bonnie said...

Oh yea, you need to check some of Mem Foxes children's books. Tiring but fun times.