Saturday, October 07, 2006

It looks good enough to eat!

A dear friend and chocolate buddy of mine had surgery a few weeks ago. I decided that she needed a quilt. It was supposed to be a 'while you are recovering' quilt, but it's now a 'Congratulations! You've recovered!' quilt.

Here's the whole quilt:



And here's a close up of the focus fabric:



The back is a chocolate-brown flannel. I got the pattern from Thimbleberries 'Beginner's Luck' book. I quilted it in a swirl pattern with Rainbows variegated cream and tan. It picked up the gold and blended with the rest.

You know how sometimes you make a quilt and it's 'OK' and other times it all works together great? This is one of the latter that makes me hum happily. I almost hope she doesn't like it, 'cuz I wouldn't mind having this one for myself.

Yes, life IS like a box of chocolates!

2 comments:

Eileen said...

Very cool quilt, Deb. I'm feeling better, by the way.

Marla said...

love the quilt...think it would be torture though for chocoholics like us!!!