Monday, October 09, 2006

Method to my Madness

I'm making up for the last 6 months of not sewing, I think. Actually, when I have a lot of work to do, I get a lot of sewing done. I work and I work until I cannot work anymore, then I sew something of mine to remind me that I quilt for a living because I like quilting. Paying college tuition has nothing to do with why I work (Did you hear that? I think it was sarcasm.)

Well, with Quilt Market coming up and clearing out the pre-Christmas work, I'm working a lot. Like, A LOT. So, I'm also getting my own stuff done.

Here's another one:



This was the quilt from the Quilt Basket's Strip Club in September. The wonderful teacher gave us each ten 2 1/2-inch strips and challenged us to use them. I didn't go all creative or anything -- I simply added 14 of my own strips and used the sample pattern.

I'm sending this quilt to a dear friend's mom who is starting cancer treatment next week.

1 comment:

Eileen said...

I saw the packs of strips when I was at the shop today. Really nice. Are you going to Market with Cathy?