Thursday, September 18, 2014

Sending Out Stuff

Last night I attended my quilt guild meeting.  Our guild has an active community quilts program.  I try and quilt up a few quilts a year for them, as my time allows.  This week, I quilted one of their tops and bound it with a little last-minute help at my table. Thanks Louise and Trish!  We imitated a sewing bee at the quilt guild to get this puppy done before the meeting ended.  Our fingers were FLYING!

I donated another quilt to the guild last night:


The morning sun made this a difficult photo, but soon the sun will be gone for the winter and I'm not going to complain about it!

I made this quilt from scraps and my Marti Michell Log Cabin Ruler.  I quilted it using a Baptist Fan pattern.  All of the fabric was from stash and the batting was from stash as well.  My studio doesn't look emptier now that I've finished the quilt, but technically, there has to be less stuff in here (unless my fabric multiplies when the lights are out).

I hope that whoever receives this quilt loves it a lot!

No comments: