Friday, April 24, 2015

Friday Favorites

One of my favorite things in the world is to hang laundry on the line outside.  No, I'm not kidding.  Yes, I too have heard that medication could help.

I am now home from Australia, my body is almost back in the western hemisphere, I have a suitcase full of dirty clothes, and it's April.  I'm obviously going to wash all of those clothes and hang them on the line.

See:


Wait!  Where are the clothes?  IT WAS SNOWING, Y'ALL!!!  In April!  On my clean clothes!  I am a terrible photographer and couldn't get the falling snowflakes to show up on the iPhone.  They were really cool snowflakes, by the way; they were like little styrofoam pellets.  Odd.

Since laundry isn't my favorite thing this week (stupid snow!), I will have to talk about a different favorite thing:  thread.  DecoBob from WonderFil especially.

I love this as a bobbin thread for quilting, in the needle and/or the bobbin, but I want to love this as a piecing thread.  I never did.

It didn't make a great stitch:


The ends of the stitching came apart easily:


And the threads sometimes pulled out completely:


Like I said: not love at first piece.

Last week in Australia I mentioned my troubles to the fella at the WonderFil booth at AQC.  H told me that I had to tighten my tension to make a better stitch and lock them together.  He also suggested that I use a shorter stitch length.  I made both adjustments today and...

I LOVE IT!

Look at that beautiful stitch:


The ends are holding together:


I am officially in love:


Have you tried DecoBob thread yet?  Are you in love?

No comments: