Wednesday, April 22, 2015

In Print

After a long, Long, LONG trip home from Australia, I was tickled to open my mail and see the latest Modern Quilts Unlimited magazine.If you turn to page 22, you will see my quilt!

I do believe that this is the first quilt pattern of mine to be published in a  magazine and I am tickled pink!


The pattern is called Dedication and is inspired by a Luis Sacilotto painting I visited at the Museum of Fine Arts in Houston during a rare day off from Quilt Festival a few years ago.

The fabulously talented Mandy Leins also has a quilt in this issue.  If you are looking for a take-along hand-piecing project, check out her Strawberry Moon quilt!

Now that I'm home for a few days adjusting to the western hemisphere, I hope to quilt my copy of this quilt pattern; I always make two copies of a quilt when I test a pattern. I plan to use ribbon candy quilting (of course!).  If you liked the ribbon candy quilting on my quilt in the magazine, I teach how to do that in my Craftsy Class.

4 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Congrats on being published !!

Tish Stemple said...

I love this! I must try to find the magazine!

Doreen said...

Yay!!!!! Well deserved, my Friend!!

Marleigh said...

Glad the long flight home from AQC is over so enjoyed my two day classes with you hope you will return again next year. My trip back to Sydney might have been short but nerve racking flew in through gale force winds from the bad weather system off the coast worst flight ever.
What a lovely surprise to have yor pattern published, you deserve it