Friday, January 29, 2016

Placemats of the Month Club -- January

For Christmas, I enrolled my mother in the "Placemats of the Month" club.  Here was her January set.


I played with the quilting:


I used Mellow Yellows and Cloudy Skies FabuLus threads and quilted overlapping wiggles.  It was quick and easy and I love it!

These placemats were made with the leftovers from my Bull's Eye Cutie pattern sample:


And leftovers from a quilt I made for my uncle:


I still have a few leftovers.  What shall I make from them?

2 comments:

lindap in il said...

Mug rugs...

Marylh said...

Debbie what a great idea. My parents (both in their mid80's and reasonably active and healthy) are IMPOSSIBLE to get gifts for. They have everything they want and are getting rid of stuff, but love things I make. That will be in my list for next Christmas. I agree with the previous comment mug rugs are a great compliment to the place mats
Really enjoy your blog😀