Tuesday, July 08, 2014

Globetrotting, block 5: London (video 1)

I'm so happy to be quilting my London block from Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block of the month!

Last week, I drew the design:


and today I changed it.  While quilting the center square, the quilt let me know that it wanted to exchange the swirls in the small green squares for the continuous curve in the cream squares.  I've been quilting long enough to listen when a quilt talks to me.

I taped the edge of my quilt with Quilter's 1/4 inch tape so that I wouldn't stitch my design into the seam allowance.  I used Handi Quilter Oval C templates to keep my center curves even, Handi Quilter Mini Scallop template for my stitch-in-the-ditch, and Handi Grip to keep the templates from slipping. .

Now that you know all of the details, let's quilt:



See my finished block



Stay tuned for the next video.

1 comment:

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

I don't have a long arm, but still enjoyed your video.