Thursday, July 17, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- Night 72

This post is late.  Tuesday night the hotel wi-fi in my hotel didn't work.  Wednesday night after overseas travel, "I" didn't work and passed out before I could blog.

I woke up in London on my last day in the UK.  I spent the morning/early afternoon at the British Museum.  I could have spent a week there!

Mosaics galore:


Proof that I "invented" ribbon candy as a quilting design:



After I checked out of my hotel in London, I noticed this beautiful walkway on my way to the train:


Future quilt alert?

I traveled back to Birmingham to an airport hotel and found the

longest

hallway

ever:


Did you notice the fire extinguisher halfway down the hall on the left?  Here it is with the second half of the hallway:


At the end of the hallway, I turned and found...

another hallway:


My husband and I kept making references to "The Shining" movie.  We didn't notice any small children riding tricycles in the hotel, so that was a relief.

We had a fabulous dinner our last night in Birmingham.

I tried the treacle tart with sticky pudding:


Sound quite English, doesn't it?  It was delicious.

My husband had a sampler:


I may have sampled/stolen the Turkish Delight on the top left of his plate.

Farewell, UK.  I will definitely miss you.  I hope to see you again soon!



5 comments:

LiahonaGirl said...

Love the British Museum! But you noticed things (i.e. the gorgeous tile floor) that I definitely missed. Safe travels home.
Nancy

BizzieLizzie said...

Ah yes, the Aztecs may have had the design for the ribbon candy but hey, you decided to put it on a quilt! Surely that counts? There are sooooo many designs to be "borrowed" in London it is almost overwhelming isn't it?

Unknown said...

My favorite museum in London is the V&A. Almost everything on display was produced/made in the UK. The iron work is amazing...lots of quilting designs there, the tapestries, quilts, clothing, jewelry, I could go on and on. I am looking forward to returning some day.

Doreen said...

Love that hallway floor pattern....definitely a pattern for the future!!!!!

The Calico Cat said...

That walkway looks kind of like "On A Whim."
https://flic.kr/p/ojyj6K