Monday, July 14, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- Night 71

Oh, London... what a day I had!

I started in Westminster Abbey:


No photography allowed inside (the horror!), so I will be researching online for months to come.  Oh, for a small photo of the fabric behind the Quire!

Lunch had to be my absolute favorite meal here in the UK.  Steak and ale pie:


It was delightful.  The chocolate cake at the Patisserie next door was quite nice, too, or so I've been told.

My travel partner wanted to visit the Natural History Museum.  I have no words to describe how much I like looking at dinosaur bones.  No.  Words.  My experience changed once I saw the building.  It had columns:


Arches:


Ceilings:


And the occasional dinosaur:


This is my favorite Natural History Museum.  Ever.

After that excitement, I felt the need for a consulting detective:


And then I felt compelled to walk across a street:


This photo is edited as my Facebook profile picture, but I wanted to show the raw footage.

Abbey Road was PURE CHAOS!


Cars were driving and honking while people were jumping into the street for photos.  It was the most unintentionally hilarious part of my trip.  I have a video that I might post later when I get home and have decent upload speed.  If I lived there, I would definitely find another route.

My hotel internet isn't very fast, but it is a nice hotel.  The first 6 inches of the hotel room have a lot going on:


Above:  keycard power supply (or whatever you call it).  Also a room light and two bathroom lights.  All switches are backwards of what I expect in the US.

Below:


There is no room next to the door for a chain lock, so it is on the adjacent wall.  This hotel room is EFFICIENT!

I am resting up for another adventure-filled day tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

1 comment:

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

What an inspiration in all those photos! I didn't see the 221B numbered on that door though :))) Did Benedict Cumberbatch open the door when you knocked? :) Or Mrs. Hudson, perhaps? :)))