Wednesday, July 09, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- night 66

I spent another wonderful day teaching my Take A Chance class on the Sweet Sixteen at The Cotton Patch in Birmingham, England!

I powered up for the day with an English breakfast.  I was brave and tried Marmite:


On toast:


And how did I like it?  Let's just say that I won't have to make room for a jar in my suitcase.

Liz bought mini bagel with salmon for lunch to make this New Yorker feel at home:


Yummy, but again they didn't quite remind me of home.

My students serenaded me after lunch:


That's my favorite song!

My waitress tonight was also a chocolate fan and insisted I eat the Cookie Dough Brownie Sundae:


I gave it my best shot, but the Sundae was bigger than I was and I couldn't finish.  Such a shame!

I'm now resting up for tomorrow's adventures.  I'll be teaching "Mark My Words."  I wonder what words the students will choose?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ha Ha Marmite. The saying over here is 'You either love it or hate it' and its true, there is not inbetween. Lol But at least you tried it. It does go well in stews though. xx