Friday, July 18, 2014

London Memories

One of the fun things I'm doing in 2014 is filming quilting YouTube videos of Pat Sloan's Globetrotting block of the month.  Each month, the block is based on a different city.  In May, Pat designed a block called "London."

I just taught quilting in Birmingham, England and spent a few vacation days in London when I was done.  I though it would be fun to bring my London block with me.

My London block visited 221B Baker Street:


Benedict Cumberbatch thought it was lovely!

My London block needed to call home while we were in London:


I also took my block to:




I didn't get a photo of my quilt block crossing the road, though, because I would have died.  I am used to traffic on the right side of the road and they drive on the wrong side of the road in England.  That's hard enough, but... Abbey Road is CRAZY!  It is a crosswalk at a three-way intersection.  There is not an official stop light/walk light.  Pedestrians must rely on the good graces of the drivers.




I managed to cross the road once without getting killed and didn't want to push my luck trying it a second time with a quilt block in hand.  I will do a lot for this quilting blog, but playing Human Frogger goes too far!

The one photo:


A little cropping goes a long way!



Other than nearly being flattened on Abbey Road, my London Block and I both enjoyed our trip to London very much!

Are you making the Globetrotting quilt?  Have you been to any of the cities with your blocks?

5 comments:

LiahonaGirl said...

Yep, "mind the gap" and "look right". What a fun blog post featuring your London block in London. Cheerio!

Patricia said...

Some day...

PatSloan said...

you are SO ADORABLE!! Thank you for taking my blocks traveling!

Unknown said...

I just love the picture of you, your block and the telephone booth. You look like such a wonderful sweet, happy, friendly person. Thanks for sharing your adventure.

Elaina said...

Please tell Sherlock hello! Love your post.