Sunday, July 06, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- night 63

I am suffering in Birmingham, England.  

First, Liz from the Cotton Patch kidnapped me and made me tour Warrick Castle.  


 It's an old castle (1100 years old) on the River Avon:


Liz punished me when she didn't think I was having enough fun:


She made me explore the castle.

I saw suits of iron:


And windows (future quilt alert):


And ceilings:


And more ceilings:


And even more ceilings:


(iPhone photography hint:  when photographing ceilings, put phone in "selfie" mode and photograph up while looking down at the phone.  You are welcome.)

She made me climb the tower:


(thanks, hubby, for taking such a flattering photo of me)

There were more than 500 stairs.  Up and down and around and around:


The view from the top of the tower was... well... OK, I can't even pretend it wasn't lovely:


See what I mean?:

After the tower, Liz dragged me into the village of Warwick:


And:


She made me drink tea:


After that nightmare of a day, I hoped for a better evening.

Things got worse.  I went out for dinner and the waitress me eat chocolate cake:


The horror!  (The second spoon was there to make you think that I shared my cake.  Hubby and I have different views about that.)

Thanks, Liz, for a lovely, lovely day!  I look forward to meeting your students in the morning.  I promise to have fun, you don't have to put me in the stocks again.
___

Since this is actually a hotel post, and not just a post bragging about how much fun I'm having in England, I thought I'd show you what I consider some very clever design.

My bathroom door:


Can open:


And close off the toilet area from the rest of the bathroom:


BRILLIANT!


3 comments:

Unknown said...

You are so funny! Did she make you go down to the torture chamber too? And was there some jousting on or some medieval lyrics sung?

Kati from Kati's Quilting said...

Ahh, I feel so sorry for you for all the suffering! That castle must've been aweful! And thr design of that bathroom IS genius! :) I enjoy reading your posts so much! Lucky hubby being able to go with you overseas this time :)))

Sharon said...

It's so sad that you're having such a terrible trip. That's what happens when you're such an excellent teacher and have to travel the world to share your expertise. Have a wonderful time in England, meeting and teaching your new students and enjoying your extracurricular activities. I'm looking forward to your next post.