Sunday, July 13, 2008

Quilt Tour

The most-used entrance to our house is the garage. Coming up the basement stairs, we are met with this quilt:



I made this at a Guild Retreat back in the 1990s. I think this retreat is where I met my favorite lawyer (hi P!). We all worked on our own projects separately but were each given this quilt kit. I learned how to do French knots, something my hand-embroidery mother could never get me to do correctly, much to her chagrin. We fused the fabrics to make them stiff. This quilt also gave me my first experience with needle turn applique.


I finished the entire quilt that weekend, which means it was quilted on my domestic machine which means it is very badly quilted. Aside from lousy quilting, I really like this little quilt and it makes me happy every time I walk up the basement stairs. I hope you enjoyed it as well.

1 comment:

PKM said...

I think I gave the one that I made to our friend the reading teacher. I believe her daughter was in your daughter's dance class before they both decided that they hated it. This was maybe ten years ago?

It makes me happy that we have been friends for so long.

With love, Your favorite lawyer