Tuesday, July 08, 2008

Traveling Tuesday

Recently, I got to play with my work friend!

Another Handi Quilter Educator, Harriet, was visiting her family in New York this week. I found out and stole her away and dragged her to the toy store with me.

I forced her to sew:



and hang out with a bunch of quilters.

We were making a mystery quilt. We each completed the first block and had to show them off:



That handsome fellow in the middle is Bob, shop co-owner and our teacher for the day. Jim was taking our picture, but I wish he could have been in the photo, as well.

If you look closely at the blocks Harriet and I are holding, they are not the same. That would mean that mine is wrong. I hurriedly put one block together without reading all the directions. Note to self: don't do that again. I did fix it as soon as I got home.

I had a wonderful time with my friend Harriet and with all the quilters in Woodstock, NY. Hopefully Harriet will have to visit her family at least once a month and we'll get to take many more visits to the toy store!

No comments: