Saturday, January 21, 2012

Oh the weather outside was frightful

This morning I was scheduled to teach a home-machine quilting class at the Quilt Basket. It was snowing and my students called to cancel. I found myself awake, showered, dressed and facing an unexpected full day at home.

What's a girl to do?

Wanting to squeeze as much as possible into my first snow day of the season (I was out of town for our big snowstorm last October), I:
  • made French toast from my home-made wheat bread (no photos, but yum!)
  • cleaned out the refrigerator and freezers
  • made five dinners for the freezer for hubby to eat while I'm teaching out of town
  • made Pho Bo (a Vietnamese soup) and veggies for lunch
  • finished a present (photo will be on the blog after the gift is given)
  • finished listening to Crossed by Ally Condie (meh)
  • played with my sweet Sweet Sixteen

A simple overall leaf pattern will finish this quilt nicely:


I'm not a huge fan of winter, but I do love a snow day!

1 comment:

HelenMarie said...

WOW you accomplished quite a lot in one day!