Friday, July 08, 2016

Mine all Mine!!!

I finished a quilt and it is just for me!  OK, I'll let super-hubby sleep under it, too, but it's not often I make a "for me" quilt.  Most quilts are made and then given away immediately.

Here's my new bedspread


The pattern is Oh My Stars!, a Cutie Pattern that uses 16 fat-eighths of fabric.  I didn't design this, but I wish I had.  I've wanted to make this quilt since the moment I laid eyes on the first sample.  I finally did!

I am filming a how-to YouTube video about the quilting on this quilt.  Subscribe to my newsletter so you don't miss any new videos.

The fabric is all from the fabulous Pat Sloan.  I bought 20 fat quarters from Quilting Possibilities in Forked River, NJ when I taught there last year and added three 2-yard cuts to the collection, figuring that would prepare me for whatever I decided to do.  Well, it didn't because there can never be enough Pat Sloan fabric.  Two yards wasn't enough for the border, so I had to choose two fabrics for the border and I even had to piece them.

I piece borders LIKE A BOSS!



I pieced this entire top at a SewCation at Sturbridge Quilting and Sewing Center in Massachusetts.  Scheduling that quilting weekend was the best idea I ever had!!!  A lot of the quilters who attend are locals, but I booked an inexpensive hotel nearby and had an absolute blast.  I can't wait to go again.  Soon, but not soon enough!

I have a bunch of fabric left over from this project and am trying to use it all.  Expect to see several more projects featuring these Pat Sloan fabrics.

2 comments:

Doreen said...

Your design choice is one that's long been on my Pinterest "Star" board in various color schemes!!!! I LUV how this turned out!!!!! Sometimes the stars just come into alignment and all becomes right with the world!!!!! Awesome post!!!!!

Judy said...

I have just finished a quilt top and was trying to decide on the color for the first border. Had two in mind, each looked fabulous with the main body of the quilt, and I was having a hard time trying to decide which was better. A friend suggested that I use both in a kind of half joking, half serious way. She didn't mean make two borders, but use one fabric for half and the other fabric for half. I began thinking about her suggestion later and decided to do just that. Now reading your newsletter and seeing your quilt just reaffirms my decision. Your quilt is beautiful! I'm so excited for you. Finally one for yourself. Thanks for the inspiration and confirmation for mine, too!