Friday, June 13, 2008

Dear Utah,

I owe you an apology. When I first visited in February, I wasn't terribly impressed. You were bleak and dreary and not so attractive. Your residents were very proud of your mountains and I couldn't understand why. I think I was comparing my mountains in the summer to your mountains when covered by the inversion.

I just returned from visiting you again. I take it all back. My mountains are special to me, but yours aren't bad at all.
Fondly and apologetically,
Debby
This was the view from my hotel parking lot. Cool, huh?
The mountains out there are so different than at home. Mine are lush and green and tree-covered. I love to hike in the shade and protection of the forest. Out in Utah, however, they are rugged and bare and grand and snow-peaked. We don't have snow-peaked where I live.
I'm going back in October for work and play and look forward to seeing the mountains dressed for yet another season.

No comments: