Since there are 12 million things I should be doing, I decided to start a new quilt instead. I found my overflowing baskets of five-inch squares and pulled out the bright and happy ones. I'm not sure how I ended up with so much fabric that wasn't bright and happy, but I did and the unhappy squares are safely tucked back in their baskets. The bright fabrics, however, are spread all over the dining room.
I sewed them into random nine-patches:
Then I cut them up:
Tonight I hope to sew them back together in a pleasing arrangement. More pictures as I progress.
I don't have a specific source for this pattern. It's been published under a few names and tutorials are all over the internet.