Friday, January 16, 2015

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday!  I'm tickled to share some of my favorite things with you again this week!

I have a confession to make:  I play favorites when it comes to people.  I have a few incredibly dear friends and am a blessed woman, indeed.  One of my favorite people is my quilting buddy.  She moved far away from me a few years ago.  I am angry at her for leaving me, but I still kind of like heranyway.  When she moved, she passed along a set of silverware that she didn't need in her new house. This silverware was a blessing because we were down to 4 spoons and 6 forks by the time my children moved out.  How do teenagers manage to lose so much silverware?

Every time I eat a meal, I make sure I use one of Kim's forks or spoons:


It's like having lunch with my friend every day!

I am known to have a slight fondness for Hello Kitty.  My dear friend, Mary Beth, gave me a Hello Kitty clipboard:


I use this little board every single day in my office.  While I am quilting, I'll have stray thoughts and hurry to write them down before they get away.  I can act on all of those randon "buy cat food" thoughts once I'm done quilting!

My last favorite for the week is an oldie -- my favorite rotary cutting ruler:


I've never been able to use a longer ruler, and the rulers that are 6 1/2" wide x 12 1/2" long confuse me endlessly!  I know that not many people use OmniGrip yellow cutting rulers any more, but I pray they never stop making these!

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Most of my rulers are Omnigrid. I love them.