Tuesday, March 24, 2015

NEW QUILT VIDEOS!!!! Globetrotting, block 6: St Louis

I am happily working on my Pat Sloan Globetrotting block of the month I'm currently quilting St. Louis.

Here's the block:


Here's the tentative plan:


I decided to start with the straight-line quilting.  In this block, the straight lines are the stitch-in-the-ditch around the orange square and "V"s stitched in periwinkle and cream squares.  I didn't quilt the straight lines in the large light green triangles, because I am not convinced that is how I will end up quilting them.  Oh, the indecision!

This first video shows the stitch-in-the-ditch and the "V" in the periwinkle squares:


The next video shows the "V" in the cream squares.



I filmed it as a separate video because it can be tricky quilting points at the edge of a quilt or quilt block.  I tape the edges of the block with quarter-inch tape so I don't accidentally quilt into the seam allowance or under the binding.  You could use any marking tool, but after years of trying different methods, this is the one I like best.


Stay tuned for another video next Tuesday!  Subscribe to my blog so you don't miss any tutorials.
____

Globetrotting Block 1 Washington DC (in review)
Globetrotting Block 2 Venice (in review)
Globetrotting Block 3 Chicago (in review)
Globetrotting Block 4 San Juan (in review)
Globetrotting Block 5 London (in review)

1 comment:

Unknown said...


This is very informative post for us ad thanks for sharing.
Dignity College of Healthcre
"Quality online healthcare education"
Become a nationally certified professional!
We work with you to success.