Thursday, April 10, 2014

Hotel Tour of 2014 -- Night 34

I am in Australia, but I am sad.

I've always read that the water goes down the drain backwards* in the southern hemisphere.

Why does this make me sad?  Because I have been to Australia three times and have never seen it.  The drains in all of my hotel rooms are set up to drain straight down; they don't swirl around the drain.

The kitchen sink:



No stopper to fill the sink and no way to make it swirl.

The bathroom sink:


Ditto.

The bathtub, maybe?


Again, nope.

I'll spare you the photo of the toilet and just explain that the water flushes over instead of swirling around.

Is it wrong to be so sad about this?  Any thoughts on how I can get a video of the water swirling backwards*?

*Note: Backwards = opposite of the way it goes at home.

1 comment:

Janice said...

Maybe if you fill the sink up totally? With lots of water if might swirl! Good luck.