Wednesday, April 09, 2014

Teaching the Teacher

Since it is 3:30 am and I am not sleeping, I thought I should blog about my Australia trip.

As I travel all over to teach quilting, I'm convinced that I learn as much or more than I teach.  I learn about the people and areas I am visiting and that is one of my favorite things in the world.

As soon as my flight landed in Melbourne on Tuesday, I walked to the Queen Victoria Market.  It is an experience!  A few other tutors joined me and we had fun buying a few groceries and learning about new things.

We saw Custard Apples and asked what they were.  They are big and ugly and soft inside and are best when soft.


I bought a huge custard apple (size of a big grapefruit) and it got a little smooshed in my market bag.  It wasn't very pretty when I got it back to the apartment:


When I broke it open, it was really soft inside:


There were super-huge seeds that were nearly as big as the tip of my pinkie-finger.


I scooped the fuit with a spoon and loved every. single. bite.


1 comment:

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

Wow! Does that look good!!