Friday, January 03, 2020

Got Gingham?

Did you know that pattern designers still admire other pattern designers?  One of my heroes is Lori Holt.  I've never met her, but I've also never met a quilt of hers that I didn't want to make.

I received a few more of her quilt books for Christmas (Amazon wishlists work!) and fell in love with her Gingham quilt block and quilt.

I modified the Gingham quilt block in Farm Girl Vintage and turned it into a Postcard:


I have some thank you notes to write, and I shall write them on gingham!

In Lori Holt's Farm Girl Vintage 2 book, she wrote a multi-sized pattern for a Gingham Quilt.  Sadly, I need a gift in a hurry for a sick relative, so I quickly made a red gingham quilt:


This 54"x66"quilt is made from Benartex Superior Solids fabrics.  Isn't it gorgeous?  I can't wait to quilt it.

If you want to make one, too, I put together a kit for you.  This will likely be my go-to gift quilt for a while.  It's quick and inexpensive and fun. 

No comments: