Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Drowning in 2 1/2" of Scraps

Recently I pulled out my bucket of 2 1/2" strips and fell in.  I haven't been able to dig myself out.

I finished piecing the green Stepping Stones quilt I started last week:


and my supply of green 2 1/2" strips doesn't seem to have diminished a whit.

I pieced a future Cutie Quilt Pattern from red 2 1/2" strips and filmed videos of how I quilted the blocks.  Still the red piles are enormous:


I've spent some time cutting up my smaller scraps into 2 1/2" squares.  I'm filling up my sorting containers and need to buy more:


Should I mention the jelly rolls I've recently pulled out of my stash?

HELP!!!!!

What are your favorite patterns that use 2 1/2" scraps and jelly rolls?  

2 comments:

QuiltGram said...

You got me at the first sentence! And it’s amazing how I can easily make a twin size quilt from a bucket of scraps. Somehow my brain keeps telling me that I need yards of this and half yard(s) of that in order to make that twin size quilt. Then I pull out a bucket of scraps, strings, whatever at hand and up with a stunning quilt. Quite a mystery. And, this is the first time that I have seen such an organizer for squares as the one in your picture. Sure looks handy. Happy quilting.

Judy Mason said...

I love me an Around the World quilt from 21/2” strips. Brighter the better and break all the colour “rules”. Sew the strip sets into tubes and subcut etc etc My absolute favourite design.